Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting there....it's a slow process....

Today's Mass readings
Galatians 1:13-24, Psalm 139:1-3, 13-15, Luke 10: 38-42

Bernadette Farrell's hymn - O God, You Search Me and You Know Me

I think, until I find my own voice, I'm going to post the daily Mass readings (theoretically daily....let's see how many days I go, shall we?).  I think it will at least get my day started on the right foot.

I have been doing prayers with Colm in the evening....so I can say yes - I have prayed every day.  But not the type of prayer I want to get to.  I think it's a great habit for him, but somehow I think reciting children's prayers and saying "yep, that's good enough" isn't good enough.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble staying mindful at work. I'm thankful to be employed, and at the same time, I am annoyed at how some things are done.  I have to remember I'm not in a position to change things, and at this point I just have to channel Dory and keep swimming, swimming, swimming.  Although most days it feels like I'm muttering it through a clenched jaw, not humming it joyfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment