Thursday, October 7, 2010

This week went by fast!!

Today's Mass readings - Our Lady of the Rosary
Acts 1:12-14, Luke 1:46-55, Luke 1:26-38

This is a beautiful duet of  Hail Mary, Gentle Woman


Man, this week FLEW.  Already Thursday?

The mindfulness is working at work.  I wasn't sure if it was - the whole "let's be more focused, spiritual all day" bit - until I made a call to a woman who apparently was fed up with people calling her.  So I call Lady B, looking for Lady A.....and I knew I was in trouble when I heard the deep breath she took.   She screamed (literally - this was horror-movie worthy decibels) that Lady A doesn't live there, how dare I call, etc, etc.

I simply told her thanks, with a smile in my voice.  And I meant it.  If she was so frustrated at whatever was going on, if her screaming at me let some of that tension go, and maybe saved someone else from the wrath of that aggravation.....that was a successful call.  Not a successful sales call, mind you......but I really felt the difference in how I genuinely handled that woman, knowing how I would've let it get to me a few weeks ago.

I'm going to make sure and do the Rosary with Colm today.  It's the Luminous mysteries today.  I want to get better at the Rosary - get to where I'm actually able to meditate on the mysteries.  Colm loves doing his Rosary and learning the prayers.  This window of wanting to learn is short - I missed it with his brother and I do regret that.

No comments:

Post a Comment